My small corner of the web dedicated to the booklove :)
RSS

27 Jul 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #3

Waiting on Wednesday spotlights upcoming releases to be excited about! (Created by Jill at Breaking the Spine)

Crossed by Ally Condie
Published November 24, 2011 by Puffin
(This is Amazon:)

Rules are different outside the Society.


Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices everything to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again.

Narrated from both Cassia's and Ky's points of view, this hotly anticipated sequel to Matched will take them both to the edge of Society, where nothing is as expected and crosses and double crosses make their path more twisted than ever...

(This is Alex:)
I read Matched early this year and I enjoyed it a lot. It's such an interesting dystopian world and even now I see things in the paper or on the news that makes me think back to Matched and how our society today is beginning to mirror this fictional world I've read. 
So Crossed is book 2, only a few months away from being in my hot little hands, and it looks like it will be a further look into the behind-the-scenes of this 'perfect' society. And of course continuing with this 'love triangle' which I'm not totally head-over-heals for, but such is the nature of YA these days! *laughs* I'm still very much looking forward to it - if you've not read Matched yet, I'd highly recommend it! 

1 comments:

Alex said...

Hey there Lindsay! Thanks so much, it's good to see you here!
I love your blog! And isn't the Fever cover GORGEOUS?!?! *dies* Cannot wait for 2012 :)